Download the Pi Sigma Alpha Journal Submission Requirements
- Only the original research conducted in part or in whole by a UCSD undergraduate is eligible for submission to our Journal of Politics. The Journal welcomes submissions from undergraduates of any class or major; submissions from members of Pi Sigma Alpha are especially encouraged.
- Students who have already graduated from the university but still wish to publish their work are invited to submit articles, as long as they pertain to research done during their undergraduate career.
- All principle investigators (PIs), post-doctoral fellows, graduate students, and any other individuals that assisted in the research must be listed as authors, and their footnote should include the following information, as applicable: “Department, Institution, City, State, Country”
- Authors are responsible for obtaining permission from PIs or appropriate personal to publish any figures, illustrations, or data. We cannot publish images downloaded from the internet without appropriate authorization.
- We recommend you work with your course professor to turn a course essay into publishable material!
Figures / Tables
- All figures should be accompanied by a caption. The first sentence of each caption describes what the figure or table shows at face value, followed by sentences that contextualize the results.
- Images should have a minimum resolution of 300 dpi, although vector formats are preferred.
- Submitted manuscripts should include a short abstract (roughly 150 words).
- Citations and references should follow the APSA Style Manual for Political Science.
- Please submit your manuscript to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 31, 2011.
If you have any questions, feel free to email the Journal’s editors at email@example.com